Tuesday 2 September 2008

Mamma Mia! (No educational value to post - be warned!)


ABBA....showing what a great invention and how easily recycled aluminium foil is.

Wandered around hospital today happily humming, whistling and singing a variety of ABBA classics after FINALLY going to see the film Mamma Mia! last night. Mr O had threatened divorce if I made him go see it so had to cajole not-entirely-convinced female friend of the merits of 70's Swedish music.

It was fantastic and I loved it. Not exactly the best plot I've ever come across but the beautiful scenery, the lovely sunshine, and the wonderful cast more than compensated and overall it was great fun! I would've got up and danced except I'm pretty sure my friend Helena, a rather serious journalist type would have abandoned me....

Blimey, that Meryl can hold a tune. Only bit I'm not sure about was Pierce Brosnan's singing, especially in SOS. Will let you judge!



Anyway there I was this afternoon strolling down the hospital corridor humming the second verse of Voulez-vous (probably a bit too loudly on reflection) when one of my inpatients - a rather dour man with schizophrenia who is currently quite unwell passed me. "Bloody hell love" he muttered, "I thought I was the one that needed the psychiatric help. Maybe you need the tablets more than I do!"

Everyone's a critic....

4 comments:

madsadgirl said...

I haven't seen it yet, and believe it or not, even though I live in London there aren't any cinemas nearby, so I will wait until the DVD comes out (I have it pro-ordered on Amazon).

Love the little story at the end.

Blue Spice said...

That made me laugh - who says patients have no sense of humour? ;)

As for your reasons for blogging - there don't have to be any, jsut as long as YOU enjoy it. I find it really good self therapy myself so that's why I do it - and it IS addictive.

Happy blogging :)

Anji - X

Dragonfly said...

I saw that with my mother and we laughed the entire way through it. More at the movie than with it but it was still entertaining.

Anonymous said...

I can just picture that scene, a bet that was rather funny...